Summer 2 Theme is: Land Ahoy!
For more detailed information on what will be happening over the term, please click on the link below:
PE day is a Thursday. Please make sure your child has their PE-kit in school on this day. The PE kit can be kept in school over the half term or taken home if you wish to wash it.
Water Bottles– Please provide your child with a named and full water bottle which they should bring to school daily. There is water available for refills as needed
To find out more about the teaching and learning approaches and expectations in Year 1 please click this link to the KS1 home/school pack. Our home school agreement and information about behaviour management are also included in this document. KS1 Home School Pack 2018-2019
Please read with your child every night, no matter what level they are working at. Once you have read with your child, please sign and comment in the reading record. Then we will know when it is reading to be changed. Please ensure your child brings their reading book and record to school daily so that books can be changed as often as possible and children can be heard read by adults in school on a regular basis.
Weekly maths homework will consolidate the learning from the week.
Please ensure your child completes their homework and returns their folder to school by the following Wednesday.
Supporting your child at home:
- Handwriting: Handwriting Practice
- Reading: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Phonics and spelling: http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk
- Phonics and spelling: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
- Phonics and spelling: http://www.ictgames.com/hybrid.html (DJ cow)
- Maths: www.nrich.maths.org
- Fun learning games: www.topmarks.co.uk
- Computing: https://www.purplemash.com/sch/Kingstoncommunity
- Jigsaw PSHE: https://jigsawpshe.com/resource/Information-for-parents-and-carers-leaflet.pdf
Dates for your Diary:
Walk to school week 20-24th May
BNF Healthy eating week 10th-14th Jun